Since Riot has been receiving a lot of flak for their current balance changes, I thought to myself, “What better way to think about game balance than having a go at making some patch notes myself?”, and here are the results. This is the first half of the patch notes that I would implement (I’ll work on a Part 2 if you guys are interested in seeing more!). Once again to be clear, I am not affiliated with Riot in any way and this is UNOFFICIAL. Let me know what you think of the changes, feel free to agree/disagree and comment on what YOU would change! Hope you enjoy it 😀
Reasoning: Ashe has a weak early game in trades to compensate for her ability to globally initiate late game and to keep someone permanently slowed. I found that her early game is significantly weaker than other marksmen and this buff should help her out.
W – Volley
- COOLDOWN is now 12/10/8/6/4 from 16 / 13 / 10 / 7 / 4
Reasoning: His mana cost on his grab is extremely high and punishes him by chunking effectively half his mana pool at early levels. This makes his passive provide minimal benefit. This buff should help him rely on his passive as a potential lifeline. Ultimate mana cost standardised.
- Base mana regen per 5 is now 7.1 per 5 seconds from 6.7 per 5 seconds
R – Static Field
- Mana cost is now 100 from 150.
Summary: Corki’s mana cost on his Q has been improved as well as his base mana.
Reasoning: His mana cost on his Phosphorus Bomb is obscenely high to be used as a regular trading tool considering he has one of the smallest mana pools. BUFFED!
- Mana per level increased from 37 to 40.
Q – Phosphorus Bomb
- Mana cost reduced to 70 at all ranks from 60 / 70 / 80 / 90 / 100 MANA.
Summary: Damage reduction on his ultimate balanced by a quality of life change.
Reasoning: Dueling with Darius when his ultimate is off cooldown is extremely perilous as he can demolish you with his true damage. I want to tone down this damage while improving usability.
R – Noxian Guillotine
- AD scaling reduced to +0.65 Bonus AD from +0.75 Bonus AD
- Now shows particle around enemy if Noxian Guillotine will result in a kill if used on target. (Similar to Cho’s Feast particle)
Summary: I want to give Diana some increased strength while enablilng opponents to have improved counterplay against her.
Reasoning: Diana’s Crescent Strike is an extremely fast and wide projectile which offers little room for the enemy to manoeuver and dodge the skillshot. The following changes should let Diana be stronger while not making her too strong.
Q – Crescent Strike
- Projectile speed slowed by 15%
- Range increased to 850 from 830
- Damage increased to 70/105/140/175/210 (+0.7AP) from 60 / 95 / 130 / 165 / 200 (+ 70% AP)
R – Lunar Rush
- Range increased to 850 from 825
Champion: Dr. Mundo
Reasoning: Mundo does a lot of %Current HP damage and I’m fine with that, however his strength in duels is greatly helped by his high amounts of minimum damage. This should make it slightly harder for Mundo to finish off low HP targets while still helping his team with poke damage.
Q – Infected Cleaver
- MINIMUM DAMAGE reduced to 75/120/165/210/255 from 80 / 130 / 180 / 230 / 280
Reasoning: A relic of old design, QOL Change
E – Raise Morale
- Cast animation no longer stops movement.
Reasoning: As a short ranged caster marksman, Graves gets in very close to the enemy to deal his damage. The following buff should help him position more effectively in teamfights.
E – Quickdraw
- Dash range increased to 450 from 425.
Reasoning: After numerous nerfs to the Pony of Doom, he is a bit underwhelming. This buff should help him clear the jungle faster and out and galloping around the Rift faster.
Q – Rampage
- Deals only 75% damage to minions and monsters — up from 66%.
Reasoning: After several nerfs, she is outclassed heavily by a majority of bruisers. This buff should help ease her laning phase and get into mid-late game safer where her strength lies.
Q – Bladesurge
- Mana cost is now 70 at all levels from 60/65/70/75/80.
- If Bladesurge kills its target, the full mana cost is now refunded.
- Cooldown is now 10/9/8/7/6 from 14/12/10/8/6.
Reasoning: While Janna has one of the biggest base mana pools available, her mana costs are still extremely high. This is dialing it down to more acceptable levels.
Q – Howling Gale
- Mana cost is now 100 at all ranks from 90/105/120/135/150.
E – Eye of the Storm
- Mana cost is now 80 at all ranks from 70/80/90/100/110
Reasoning: Nerfs to his long-range poke have brought down his key strength while keeping him weak in other areas. This change is to help him trade more frequently during laning.
Q – To the Skies!
- Cooldown reduced to 12/11/10/9/8 from 16 / 14 / 12 / 10 / 8 seconds
Reasoning: Her passive allows her to reposition extremely well in teamfights and this dials down her ability to do so while still rewarding players who are quick to react.
Passive – Get Excited!
- Movement speed now decays over 3 seconds from 4 seconds.
Reasoning: Both her burst and sustained damage is incredibly high, and I want to tone down her burst. Her ultimate is extremely strong when used right and the ease of which she itemises for CDR makes it available too often.
Q – Reckoning
- AP ratio reduced to 0.8 from 1.0AP
R – Intervention
- Cooldown increased to 90/80/70 from 90/75/60.
Reasoning: His mana costs are extremely high and need to be toned down to compete with other champions as well as clear his jungle effectively.
Passive – Sap Magic!
- Now restores 7% of maximum mana in addition to health.
E – Sapling Toss
- Now costs 80 mana at all ranks from 70/80/90/100/110.
Champion: Miss Fortune
Reasoning: She runs out of mana extremely quickly when trading since she has to use both Q and W to trade effectively. This lets her trade more frequently.
Q – Double Up
- Mana cost now 75 at all ranks from 70/75/80/85/90 mana.
Reasoning: His lack of mobility or CC makes it extremely difficult for him to lock down and burst someone without the use of flash. This change helps him out in this aspect.
R – Children of the Grave
- Now applies a 25% slow that decays over 3 seconds.
Part 2 to be posted if feedback is positive!